Selling your home can be an incredibly emotional, stressful process, which is why it is so important to follow the right steps when deciding to sell your home. We’ve put together a step-by-step guide to selling your home, to help guide you in the right direction to ensure your selling experience is as easy as possible.
1. Decide to Sell Your Home
Make sure you are ready both financially and emotionally.
2. REALTOR® Consultation
There is no commitment required on your part for the initial meeting with an agent. It will be educational and will help you identify the right agent for you. I will provide you with a comparative market analysis and all the tools I have to help sell your home the fastest.
3. Establish a Price
Now that you have chosen to work with me, I will help you establish your asking price for your property.
4. Prepare Your Home for Sale
View your home through the eyes of the buyer and ask yourself what you would expect. I will help guide you and give you tips on de-cluttering and other things that will help your home be more sellable.
5. List it for Sale
When everything is in place, I will put your home on the open market. I will be actively working hard behind the scenes, marketing your property to colleagues, clients and the public!
Potential buyers may ask to see your home on short notice. It is best if you can accommodate these request, you never want to miss a potential sale. After each showing, I will follow up with the people who viewed your home to hear their feedback.
7. Offers & Negotiations
If everything goes well, a buyer’s agent will present me with an offer. You have three choices – accept the offer, counter the offer or reject the offer. My knowledge of your needs will enable me to represent you in the best way possible.
8. Under Contract
At this point, you have accepted an offer and have agreed to all the terms set forth in the contract.
9. Conditional Phase
PhaseWhen the agreement of purchase and sale is accepted and signed by all parties, the conditional phrase begins. The buyers will have a pre-determined amount of time to fulfill items likely including home inspection, financing, home insurance, etc. The date the conditions are removed, you now have a firm and binding contract for the sale of your home. SOLD!
This is the date of transfer of funds and ownership that was agreed upon in your binding contract. Be sure you are packed up and ready to go before this date!
If you’re ready to begin the selling process, please contact me! I will do the rest for you.
Getting Your Home Ready To Sell
Some houses sell faster and for more money because of how the home is prepared.
HELPFUL TIPS FOR GETTING YOUR HOME READY
- Give your home a through cleaning
- Oil door hinges, tighten door knobs and replace them if necessary
- Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged
- Repair dripping faucets and leaky toilets
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and clean all the light fixtures; replace if necessary
- Repair defective light switches
- Have the windows washed/cleaned thoroughly
- Get rid of clutter both inside and out
- Cut and edge grass
- Trim hedges and weed gardens
- Paint, fix or wash railings, steps, storm windows, screens and doors
- Clean out the gutters
- Tidy up the garage
- Paint, wash and fix garage doors and windows
- Touch up all interior paint; consider painting fresh
HELPFUL TIPS FOR SHOWING YOUR HOME
- Keep pets out of the house, either take them with you or keep them penned in the yard or garage or basement
- Put away items in the yard like garden tools, bicycles, toys, etc.
- Make sure your home is well lit
- Remove clutter from the tables, shelves and countertops. Less clutter creates the illusion of a larger space
- Keep money, prescription drugs, and other valuables out of view.
- Add a ground up lemon to the garbage disposal to give the kitchen a fresh smell
- Open shades and curtains to let light in
- Light a fire in the fireplace to create comfortable ambiance
- Keep radios and TV off – although oftentimes soft music in the background is a nice touch.
MY MARKETING PLAN
It is my objective to have as many qualified buyers as possible exposed to your property UNTIL IT IS SOLD. My marketing plan includes:
The latest researches show that 90 % of home buyers begin their search on-line
- Professional Photography
- Professional On-line Virtual Tour
- Feature property on my website and the most widely used home search websites including RE/MAX website and my office website
- Youtube Channel marketing
- Marketing through Facebook , Twitter and Instagram
- Realtor.ca and international home search websites
- Print Media Advertising
- Custom made, professionally designed full colour flyers and marketing pieces
- Full colour photography
INPERSON & ON-SITE
- Full time access to your agent – including weekends and evenings
- Public Open Houses until your property is SOLD
- Broker Open House
- Yard sign with Flyer Box
- Coordinated showings
DURING THE SALES TRANSACTION
- Personally present all offers to you or use electronic means like electronic signature software
- Negotiate the terms of the sale on your behalf based on your instructions with immediate contact with you
- Coordinate all aspects of the closing